Lately I started outfitting my new apartment with a bunch of Logitech Squeezeboxes and quickly came to love the ecosystem around a Logitech Media Server (LMS) running on my home server (an Alix 2d3). Right off the bat you can listen to Wefunk's radio stream on your Squeezeboxes, but once you've tasted Professor Groove's Android app, you want per-song access in your Wefunk shows. Time to write a Wefunk Radio plugin for the LMS! Documentation on LMS plugin development is patchy at best, but fortunately I had Michael Herger's excellent Band's Campout plugin to guide me. So here is the very first version of my plugin! Right now, it allows you to access the list of 550+ shows in the Wefunk archive and play the whole show or individual songs. Please give it a try and provide feedback.
http://daduke.org/dl/lms-wefunk/repo.xmlto the list of plugin repos in your LMS and install the plugin.
Ideas for future versions:
- search the song database - done in 0.3.1
- access your wefunkradio.com favorites
- <your idea here>
- 2020-03-02: v0.3.3 - fix playback for shows > 999
- 2013-06-25: v0.3.2 - API changes, live covers disabled for now
- 2013-05-19: v0.3.1 - search is a bit faster now
- 2013-05-13: v0.3.0 - search songs. It's pretty slow (needs to sift through a lot of data), but it gets faster once the show cache fills
- 2013-04-18: v0.2.7 - live covers
- 2013-04-11: v0.2.6 - code cleanup, play specific show
- 2013-04-10: v0.2.5 - internal clean up and better metadata
- 2013-04-08: v0.2 - metadata fixes and cache improvements
- 2013-04-06: v0.1.1 - first released version: browse shows and play songs